Saturday, May 4, 2013

Happy National Scrapbooking Day -- Score a Touchdown with this Layout



Since it's National Scrapbooking Day, I wanted to post one of my favorite layouts.  Again it's a borrowed design.  It looks time-consuming, but believe me, the part that will take the longest is deciding which photos to use!  

I opted to scrap the boys' first Superbowl Sunday!  I really kept with the borrowed design, mixing color accents with black and white photos.  I threw in two color photos to to emphasize the event.  

I loved how I was able to use scrapping scraps to create the circles and the straight accent on the top.  A simple circle template.  I then found the Superbowl logo and a football graphic from the computer and printed them on photo paper as well.  





I printed the photos and cut them out, keeping a (relatively) uniform white border around each.  I then glue dotted these onto strips of black cardstock, creating a "film-strip" effect.  
For the journaling, I just started typing away on the computer, used double-spacing and a 16 point hand-lettering font.  I then cut the narrative into strips and started piecing it together in the space available.  




Page 26



My Inspiration:


Scrapbooks etc. April 2012
Pin It!

1 comment: