Monday, April 8, 2013

Welcome!

Hello and Welcome!

Scrapping has rather recently become an important part of my life.  I've never considered myself an artistic or creative sort, though I've always enjoyed writing and needlework.  I started my scrapping life when my boys were born in 2005.  My mother bought me two blank albums and a few scrapping tools to get started with.  Well, unfortunately, having twins turned out to be quite time-consuming and I didn't get to actual scrapping experiences until they were a few years old, but even then I only made half-hearted attempts at pages, but nothing I really took pride in. 

Then I discovered scrapbooking magazines, blogs and tv shows.  I was hooked.  I started spending my time exploring these resources, though I still wasn't putting what I was learning into practice.  I was starting to amass a veritable stockpile of supplies, embellishments, papers, and layouts, but I just didn't have anything to show for it.

And then, suddenly my boys were six!  Where the heck did all that time go?  I said "enough is enough -- I'm not going to lose any more memories," and I sat down and did a real page using what I was learning from the scrapping library I had collected.  I still love to buy the magazines and project books, but it in no way compares to the actual feeling of accomplishment when I place that finished piece into its album sleeve.

Now, I still don't consider myself an overly creative person, but I am very proud of my creations.  I can't say they are original ideas, though.  I have a very specific technique ... I'm a copycat!

I will open one of my scrapping magazines and pick the first layout featured.  I then browse through my digital images and find just the right event for that layout (rather than the other way around).  Then I use whatever supplies I have on hand that are similar to what was used in the published version.  (I'm currently trying to use up what I have before heading to the store (except in exceptional circumstances -- like a really great coupon from Archivers).)

Perhaps one day I'll get to creating my own templates and layouts, but right now, I'm still exploring my own creative style and crafting techniques.  I'm wary of getting into inks and distressers, but I know it's just a matter of time before I'm hooked on those as well. 

So.  What exactly am I trying to accomplish with this blog?  I want to show you, as well as myself, that no matter how busy you are, you can still find time for a little artistic flow.  I work full time and my boys are almost 8 years old.  I can't wake up any earlier, and I can't stay up any later, either.  But I still find time for a little "me-time."  It may only be once a week.  Sometimes twice a week, but I've promised myself not to let that time slip by.  I also want to share my experiences with new supplies, tools and techniques.  I plan to link to great stories and great bloggers.  I'd like to review items as well. 

I hope you enjoy this blog and that I'm able to provide a little spark of creativity in your life!

Y8KRW7TC2RGB
Pin It!

No comments:

Post a Comment